You know, I have been blog browsing for a few days now and I have determined that I am not cool enough to blog. At least not with any great regularity.
Maybe it's the blogs I am reading, but man blogging be WORK and I just don’t have enough hours in the day to be this witty in print.
Okay, you say, no self-pity or self-depreciation. Hey, nobody loves my ass (literally) more than moi. But my god, I just don't have that much to say about my life and crap that is worth repeating..er writing...er blogging. Whatever.Now, believe me there's stuff going. Behold, the quick rundown:
- My work used to be a career and now it’s just enslaving, mindless, endless series of drama-bullshit that daily sucks eight hours. Hours I will NEVER get back. (NO bitterness here.) The one saving grace is the people I work with.
- Because work has become bullshitty, I have migrated to doing the family thing. That means dinner, family game night, and demanding more homework be done in my line-of-site. (Yes, I am a good Mom but an oh so mean Mom, using my powers for evil. Just ask stellar-student Maddie-girl.) Oh, and we’ve expanded Harry’s list-award behavior modification program to include food. The results? “HARRYS DON’T EAT__________.” Stay tuned.
- My list of things that get on my nerves has become this all encompassing bitching session with my friends. I swear I am so tired of hearing the sound of my own crap, I invite you to list your in the comments section below.
- Since I have decided to do the family thing, I have committed to stop slaving over a hot computer by 5:30 p.m. and start mildly attempting to be Rachel Ray (my boobs are way too big and my pans too small.). This means in the time it take to watch Rachel's program (30 Minute Meals) I can cause a small kitchen fire.
Cooking has become something I can't say I enjoy but the challenge has been fun. And it's feeding my best addictions: shopping and need to drink. Case in point: I am searching for the perfect muddler for my Caipirinha addiction.
- I am still hosting a healthy need to lose more weight but I cannot give up carbs again. So, I am on the market for a new fad diet.
While all this is great fodder for daily conversations with my bestest bud Leona, this does NOT seem to be the stuff great blogs are made of.
So, praise the Muses that the new fall TV network season has started. (Here is what I have committed to watching: Survivor
God, are you still READING this!???
2 comments:
Look, the reason that we all like reading each other's bitchy whines is:
a) So we can feel superior to the whiner; or
b) So we can feel that we can whine longer, louder and better than they can
My favorite blogs are the ones where work has become a time-sucking black hole of constant grinding with no end in sight, while the kids demand whatever is left of our energy at the end of the day. Can there be anything better than luxuriating at the end of a long crappy day with someone else's problems?
It's a guilty pleasure, I know.
The flip side is that when one of our whiners-in-common group experiences an especially lovely victory and shares, it's almost like it's our own.
As for fad diets, I'm kind of partial to wallowing in my perimenopausal-pleasingly-plump image for just a bit longer.
Yummy. Get the Haagen-Daaz, wouldja?
This is SO true! It's exactly why I love SupeNanny because I know (ahem) my parenting skills CAN"T be as bad as those folks.... :)
Post a Comment