I loooooove me some Target.
You might as well paint a giant red bullseye on my ass, 'cause it always seem to be IN a Target.
Targeee has afforable 300-count Egyptian cotton sheets and sheets of notebook paper. It has flip flops, film, and futons. It has swimming pools, movie star er.. posters! Phones, lights, itty bitty toy motor cars -- every single luxury.
My newest local Target also has a Starbucks -- I mean at the front DOOR, where the smell of latte attracts me like money to a crack ho.
And it has me. Not at hello, but at the "50 percent off the orginial price" racks. I can cut through the crap and find the bargains baby, all while talking to Leona on the cell and sippin' some serious java.
Please note: Pardon the brand droppings. I am a marketing wonk's dream. I find a brand I really like and treats me right -- I stick with it. My untouchable list is: Target, Tide, Duke's Mayonnaise, Downy, Sony, Samsung, Nokia, T-Mobile, Google, and Nissan. There are various contenders, but these are the biggies for me. Loyality is my middle, money-spending name.
Honestly, it's really a mystery as to why I am drawn to the great red hope. Maybe it's the fact that I can get, get milk, pushup bras, and a white 20g iPod in one store that doesn't contain the word MART.
I'm not alone in my love for big red. It's a bonding agent for other working moms in America.
My buddy Leona and I are constantly coming home with our treasures from Target, recounting our sales rack finds. The kewl factor is, if my Target has it, her's will too. And now, with my new handy-dandy Treo 600 (ooooo ahhhhh), I can send her pictures while in the store. She can save save me from buying yet another pair of black shoes, killer though they may be.
Yes, it is pathetic. I mean, here I am bearing my soul to countless (Yes I am exagerating. I can count the number of people who await by blogs on one hand) of folks who look to me for wit and sensible humor.
But Target is just my Cheers, where everybody knows my name. And it's got my number -- 50. I can never spend less than $50 a pop.
Gotta run, I need a new all-in-one-printer and Drano. Hey Harry, wanna go to Target?
Wednesday, August 10
I want Target
at
6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You don't really send Leona pictures of stuff you're about to buy, do you??????????
And of course Harry wants to go to Target, he is his mother's son.
Wait. Your Target has a Starbucks? That's officially Not Fair.
Post a Comment