It's confession time.
enter creeping monks and chanting.......
We all have things that you feel just have to be a certain way for your world to be perfect, or even normal. To feel that you, as a person, are in control of your corner of the universe.
For me, it's simple: I have to be wearing matching underwear, I have to have a charged cell phone, and I must line up my remotes on the coffee table so that they are in a straight line.
Oh, I also must sleep with some sheet or blanket or view-blocking piece-o-cloth covering my butt. Reasoning? Because if my house is on fire at night, and the firemen come in to save me while I am asleep, the enormity of my butt won't be shinning in their faces.
I can sense you all are heading to my Fickr site to view the enormous butt --but, alas, you can't! I look like a giant cream puff in my wedding gown! Buwaaahh.
But I digress...
Yes I am weird. But the therapist said we all have some quirky behaviors. Well, right after she said, "Here, take this and give it a minute."
The underwear thing is legendary in my cirle of friends. I really can't enjoy an event if I know that I have on a black bra and purple panties.
I mean -- what if the ambulance driver that saves my life after I am hit by the perverbial bus notices that my undies don't match. Doesn't that just say something about a person? Like you aren't keeping up with the important things? That you are just randomly picking out underwear with no care of how it could impact your life?
What if you score a really hot date with a guy you're crazy about and that magic moment comes when he starts ripping off your clothes only to find out GASP! that you have on a pink thong and a green polkdot bra!! Nasty, and not in the good way!
You just don't know when you need to make that extra good impression. Matching undies can do that. I am convinced you'll get a job if your bra and undies are in the same hue. Interviewers can just feel it.
I also have a unique obession with office supplies. The joy in finding SUPER sticky note pads at Target (TARGEEE) hits me like a Starbucks quad latte. I looooove smooth writing pens, extra bright printer paper, stuff that organizes stuff, and ooooooo shiver calendars of all shapes and sizes. It's as if, by simpling owning these items, while wearing matching underwear, I'm a better person.
So in the interest of viewer participation: What are your quiky obessions? Tell me. They don't have to be particularly weird -- though yea if they are.
By the way, I am wearing a white bra and white/gray panties. So, take that therapist, people can change their underwear...er habits.
Tuesday, July 12
My underwear
at
10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Test
LEONA HERE
Well, you know that I think your underwear obsession is just plain WEIRD. But, it’s one of the things that makes you, YOU, so I accept it. ;-)
You also have an obsession with black shoes, but I shouldn’t mention that. Should I? Oh, and what about black purses????
As for me, I have a closing fetish. I hate half-opened cabinets, drawers, doors...you name it. They MUST be closed. My mother does not share my anal tendencies towards cabinetry, so when I go to her house I find myself gabbing away to her as I obsessively close all her cabinet doors and start wiping down her countertops. What the hell comes over me? Mom is used to me, though. She just sits there with an amused, "I love you for all your faults," look on her face. *sigh*
I also have an obsession with shoes, but they don't have to be black. I love them in all shapes, colors and styles. My poor closet is overflowing with them, and I can't seem to part with any of them until they the soles are literally flapping in the breeze.
Okay, I’ll shut up now since this is your blog and it’s supposed to be all about you.
I do believe, my love, that I have a butt shot that I took in NYC ohhhhh about 7 years ago... shall I post that for your loyal readers. ;-)
Trust Me, I can vouch for the Office supplies, I'd had to carry the results of one of Sneads supply room raids!
Post a Comment