Tuesday, July 26

Good News: Goodbye Prograf!

Just a quickie folks....

After a recent sliver of my liver confirmed that my liver disease has not progressed sinced my diagnosis in 2000, I have officially been taken off Prograf.

To catch up my loyal readership -- in 2000 I was diagnosed with Primary Billiary Cirhosis and Autoimmune Hepatitis. Together they are known as Overlap Syndrome, meaning I have elements of both diseases.

Basically, my body thinks my liver is a foreign entity and is attacking it. Like it doesn't have a green card for my bod, or something.


You know this is just rich. One day your body can decide it needs to attack a liver, kidney or other vital organ. But fight my fat ass? Oh, nooooooo. Apparently my body neeeeeds my big butt.

Anyway, this cuts down on the amount of pills I take in a day. I was on a slew of drugs. Now, I am on just a mess of them.

This drug is a high powered immunosuppresant and (though not as bad as prednisone -- shudder) can cause issues with prolonged use. And it's MUCHO expensive. I just saved myself about $100 a month. (AND I have Geico.) That's CO-PAY folks, not total price. Think of this as my way to just say no to drugs.

Oh, and my liver is doing very well, thank you and sends it's best. My ass would say hey, but it's too big for its britches.

0 comments: